Two months and a day after Flash Post 018: Things I Probably Shouldn’t Do Again.., I’m back with more stuff I probably should never do again! Honestly, I might have repeated some of the things on that previous list, but I’ve done a few new stupid stuff . It just proves THREE things: 1.) the list grows longer as I get older, 2.) you never stop learning in life, and 3.) you can only do so much stupid stuff in a lifetime.
Without further ado, here’s a continuation of the list of things “I probably shouldn’t do again”!
I WILL NEVER…
16. Not plan my activities during the weekends, especially during long breaks…..
17. Not attend class on a whim because I suddenly feel “sick” due to recent events…..
18. Talk about too many personal things with too many people…..
19. Plan something so detailed without more than minimal consultation with the parties involved…..
20. Cram a take home exam, given DAYS BEFORE, a few hours before the deadline…..
(Well, personally, I’ve faced worse, but I’m putting this anyway because, instead of prioritizing the work during the weekend, I watched the new episodes of The Flash season four, watched the new episodes of Riverdale season two, watched the eighth episode of Shokugeki no Soma, and a lot of other stuff. SO, I think I could’ve handled this one a lot better if only I did it before everything else. Which I didn’t.)
21. Avoid studying for an exam (and, well, taking the exam itself) by not-so subtly refusing to leave an establishment while in the company of my friends…..
22. Insensitively hurt a friend by making them do something that would hurt them, even if both of us are unaware (to a certain degree) of how much it would eventually hurt them…..
23. Not frequently check my bank accounts to ensure that I’m not literally broke af while I’m away from home…..
So, that’s a total of EIGHT more things added to the list of stupid (and awful) things I should never do again.
I admit that I’ve gotten a lot messier these past few weeks than my usual messy for some reason and I would’ve said that it’s okay since it’s part of life and growing, BUT I’ve really done a significant amount of damage to the relationship I have with some people because of my stupidity (and my being stubborn af). Honestly, I’ve gotten into two INTENSE arguments with someone I really love and I’ve put an important friend of mine in really weird situations because of my actions, above a lot of other things. And even then, both people are still talking to me and are still treating me with kindness AND I DON’T KNOW WHAT I DID TO DESERVE THESE PEOPLE AND ALL THE PEOPLE I HAVE I MY LIFE BUT THANK GOD FOR THEM BECAUSE I DOUBT I’D SURVIVE LIFE WITHOUT THEM!
These past weeks could’ve been easier and a lot simpler if I hadn’t done a few things and if I had done things differently. I still have an exam tomorrow morning, a problem set due tomorrow afternoon, and a bonus lab worksheet due this Friday and here I am writing a blog post, holding onto my sanity for dear life.
Just 2 more weeks of classes and finals week… Just a bit more…..
LIVE. LAUGH. LOVE
Me (at this point of the semester) and being dramatic af:
(Side note: If you guys don’t know, the “man” running in the .gif is Deepmind’s artificial intelligence and it’s pretty cool, so if you want, you could read a bit about it here: Google’s DeepMind AI was Told to Teach Itself How to Walk and This is What it Came Up With)